Why am I having pain in the tip of my penis?

Q. I am having weird pain in my penis. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2023

Hi doctor,

I went for a trip. There I had naked body to body massage along with blow job using condom and even touched the private parts. But, we did not involve in intercourse. Later, I kissed and had intercourse using condom, but with a different girl. Yesterday, my doctor forcefully pushed my penis skin back and found a small red rash inside the foreskin. He advised me to get few tests done and prescribed tablet Doxycycline 500 mg and tablet Valvir 500 mg. What are my chances of getting STD? I felt very uncomfortable, when the doctor pushed my penis skin back. He prescribed a lotion and asked me to regularly push the penis skin back and to clean it with water and apply the lotion. I got back home and tried to do the same, but could not do so. I saw something on my penis tip that was very sensitive to touch. Is this natural? Did the doctor teared my skin tissue by pushing my penis skin back? I am having weird pain in my penis. Please help. Thank you in advance.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

The doctor pulled the skin back forcefully which means you has phimosis.

Phimosis is a normal condition, where an individual failed to pull his penis foreskin back. If the skin was pulled back during childhood itself, it could have resulted in good retraction. Try to remove the skin or keep retracting the skin repeatedly.

If you are not able to remove and retract the skin back, then I would suggest you to get a circumcision done. This will help to clean the penis with ease.

As you did not have unprotected intercourse, the chance for STD (sexually transmitted diseases) is very less.

The rash on penis can occur in case of urinary tract infection too. Take the antibiotics advised by your doctor.

Hi doctor,

I feel some discomfort in my penis. There is itching, burning sensation and pain in my left leg when peeing. I do not even feel to touch my penis. I feel only the tip of my foreskin is burning and itching. Why is it so? I consulted a doctor and he suggested me to get VDRL, TPHA, HIV and HSV tests done within four days of exposure. I got the tests done and the results came as follows. The VDRL test came as non-reactive. TPHA, HIV and HSV tests came negative. While I got the tests done, I got to know about window period for these tests. Should I repeat these tests again after three to four weeks? Kindly help.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

The itching and burning sensation while urinating is mainly due to urinary tract infection.

Due to infection, you have the feeling of discomfort while touching the tip of the penis. It can get treated with proper antibiotics.

VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test), TPHA (treponema pallidum haemagglutination test), HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), HSV (herpes simplex virus) are immune mediated tests and are expected to be negative within a short period after exposure.

In about four weeks, p24 antigen test for HIV can be used. This test has high sensitivity and specificity.

One cannot get infected by HIV just by touching each other. So, just relax.

Your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is absolutely normal.

You are affected by UTI and not STD. Stay calm.

I would suggest you to get a urinalysis done along with urine culture and sensitivity and CBC (complete blood count) to rule out any urinary tract infection (UTI).

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My foreskin is tight. How can I loosen my foreskin?

Home-based treatment methods for tight foreskin (phimosis) are not recommended ... So, it is not recommended and it also does not reverse the phimosis ...   Read full

My foreskin is tight and not coming down. Please help.

.. foreskin does not retract fully, then it is difficult to perform the sexual activity because it can cause pain and can cause rupture of the frenulum. It all depends upon the severity of the condition.   Read full

I am getting recurrent urinary tract infections even after taking antibiotics. Why?

.. pain due to prostatitis. It is a difficult condition to treat. I suggest you avoid activities that aggravate prostatitis such as prolonged sitting or bicycling. You can take supplements containing echinacea, garlic, goldenseal to reduce your inflammati   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.