Q. What is the solution for skin sagging following bariatric sleeve surgery?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2022

I have gone through bariatric sleeve surgery for three years. Now, my stomach skin is sagging. Would you please advise me what to do?

#

Since you have gone for bariatric surgery, I want to elaborate the things for better understanding. The skin has to stretch as we move and grow. In the case of weight loss surgery, skin shrink and will have sagged since the skin is an incredibly elastic living organ. Attend to your hydration needs. Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity. It would be best to take in at least two liters of water from both food and drink each day. Two necessary ingredients that keep skin plump and elastic are collagen and elastin. Protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts, and fish contain collagen and elastin forming components and oil to help maintain healthy skin. The last option is that you can go for further body contouring surgery.

|