Q. Is bariatric surgery advisable for the second time?

Answered by Dr. Divakara P and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Bariatric Surgery or Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 41 years old. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and for which I am taking Thyroxine 175 mcg daily. My height is 5'10" and my current weight is 127 kg. Two years ago, I had sleeve gastrectomy and lost only 20 kg. The surgeon now advised me to get gastric bypass surgery. But I am not comfortable with that. I have attached my recent testosterone report. I feel as if I have low testosterone. How to increase my testosterone levels? I have a history of nasopharynx non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and it got treated successfully by radiation.