Q. Can drinking less water cause brain fog and mental fatigue?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 17, 2021

For the past several years, I am suffering from brain fog, mental fatigue and poor concentration. I have consulted so many doctors, but it was not cured. However, I came to know from one of my friends that drinking less water cause these type of problems. After hearing this, I noticed that I am drinking hardly one or two glasses of water daily and this may be the reason for my symptoms. How to recover from this? Now, I have started to drink 4 liters of water per day.

#

• Yes, it is true that decreased water intake may cause such symptoms because of dehydration. There may be decreased levels of micronutrients in blood, which causes such symptoms.
  • Now, you started drinking 4 liters of water, and that is sufficient enough to meet your daily requirements. Now, you may feel a change in your symptoms within one month.
  • Along with that, I suggest capsule Nurokind LC (Folic acid and Vitamin B12) once a day for a month, Also, do some light exercise daily like brisk walking. You will feel the change.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|