Q. Is it safe for the baby if we remove Bartholin cyst during pregnancy?

Dr. Amit Kyal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 18, 2019

I am 19 weeks pregnant, since one week I had swelling on the vagina, yesterday I have consulted doctor, she told that is Bartholin cyst. She told me to clear it we have to give anesthesia for treatment and that will not affect the baby. My family is very confused, whether is it safe for baby or not?

Dr. Amit Kyal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Bartholin cyst requires excision or marsupialization. It is a short term procedure and does not take much time. Usually, the medications used does not affect the baby. Do not worry, get it done.

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one¬†month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst. It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition. Though at present it is not painful, it might g...  Read Full

Will irregular period affect my fertility?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg. It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start. Re...  Read Full

What can be done to cure a painful growth around vulva?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a boil like growth on the inside of my vagina around the vulva. It is about 3 cm in length and approximately 2 cm wide. It is very painful especially when walking.  Read Full >>

Dr. Nagaraj Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have a cyst. These cysts are nothing but swellings filled with fluid or some other materials usually secretion of glands. By looking at the history it looks like you have a Bartholin's cyst which usually occurs inside the vagina where Bartholin glands ...  Read Full