Q. Is it safe for the baby if we remove Bartholin cyst during pregnancy?

Dr. Amit Kyal

I am 19 weeks pregnant, since one week I had swelling on the vagina, yesterday I have consulted doctor, she told that is Bartholin cyst. She told me to clear it we have to give anesthesia for treatment and that will not affect the baby. My family is very confused, whether is it safe for baby or not?

#

Bartholin cyst requires excision or marsupialization. It is a short term procedure and does not take much time. Usually, the medications used does not affect the baby. Do not worry, get it done.

|