Q. Is it safe for the baby if we remove Bartholin cyst during pregnancy?

Dr. Amit Kyal

I am 19 weeks pregnant, since one week I had swelling on the vagina, yesterday I have consulted doctor, she told that is Bartholin cyst. She told me to clear it we have to give anesthesia for treatment and that will not affect the baby. My family is very confused, whether is it safe for baby or not?

Dr. Amit Kyal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Bartholin cyst requires excision or marsupialization. It is a short term procedure and does not take much time. Usually, the medications used does not affect the baby. Do not worry, get it done.

| 

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

Will irregular period affect my fertility?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full »

What can be done to cure a painful growth around vulva?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a boil like growth on the inside of my vagina around the vulva. It is about 3 cm in length and approximately 2 cm wide. It is very painful especially when walking.  Read Full »