Q. How can I manage a painful boil like growth inside vagina?

Dr. Nagaraj

I have a boil like growth on the inside of my vagina around the vulva. It is about 3 cm in length and approximately 2 cm wide. It is very painful especially when walking.

#

It looks like you have a cyst. These cysts are nothing but swellings filled with fluid or some other materials usually secretion of glands. By looking at the history it looks like you have a Bartholin's cyst which usually occurs inside the vagina where Bartholin glands are present. Usually, they are small and painless. When they grow bigger, in your case, it causes pain and discomfort while walking or during sex. If it is very painful, probably cyst is infected with pus collected inside it. Do not be shy. Visit your gynecologist at the earliest before it gets worse. Your gynecologist will suggest you the best treatment possible by local examination. Cysts which are so big warrant surgical removal.

|