Q. What are remedies for painful burp after eating, drinking, and during smoking?

Dr. Mukherjee, Koushik
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 10, 2022

After eating and drinking anything, I suddenly burp, which is continuously happening. Sometimes, it feels painful when I burp, especially while sleep it was very painful. Even while smoking, I burp continuously, and I cannot stop. Only for the last two months I been facing this issue. So, I think it is a starting stage. What are the possible remedies for this issue?

#

This can be due to GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disorder. I suggest you stop smoking as it reduces the lower esophageal sphincter tone and further aggravates the condition. You can take a proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole or Omeprazole along with prokinetic agents like Domperidone or Levosulpiride or Itopride. I suggest you avoid taking hot and spicy food and please avoid drinking water immediately after major meals.

|