Q. Please suggest the management for gas issue with stomach pain.

Dr. Edwin Antonio
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on May 20, 2019

My father is suffering from gas issue from the last 7 to 8 days. He does not feel like eating from 2 to 3 days. Have checked with local doctors, after a few tests they found nothing but his bloating has not gone down. He also feels pain in stomach. Please suggest.

Dr. Edwin Antonio

Internal Medicine
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

There are different conditions that can cause abdominal bloating that goes from non-urgent to serious conditions. If he is not passing bowel movements or gas and has remarkable abdominal pain, it can be a serious condition like bowel obstruction and needs to be taken to hospital emergency department.

On the other hand, if he is passing gas and bowel movements, he needs to be checked for H. Pylori which is a stomach bacteria and has a specific treatment. If H.Pylori is negative then next step is to see a gastroenterologist for potential gastrointestinal endoscopy.

Why do I get bloated stomach by the end of the day?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stomach problem. It started with severe acidity and acid reflux. I get a bloated stomach by the end of the day. I have a runny stool in the morning and have flatulence. I have not seen any presence of blood in the stool. My doctor recently suggested the HP kit for pylori. I...  Read Full »

Can I take digestive enzyme for frequent bloating?

Query: Hello doctor,When I wake up by 8 AM I immediately go to clear the bowel. After that, I feel somewhat relaxed but after few minutes I start feeling bloated and then I take a cup of tea and after 15 minutes again I rush to the bathroom. Then I feel completely relaxed but after breakfast, after few hou...  Read Full »

What can be done for continuous bloating and farting?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years old male. During the evening time, I started bloating and fart continuously. This is happening since last 6 to 8 months. I have high cholesterol and taking Rozavel 10. It is very embarrasing.  Read Full »