Q. How to identify the reason for abdominal bloating?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 12, 2021

For the past one year or more I have been suffering from occasional severe abdominal bloating. But, for the last few months it has been all day. I have been tested for celiac disease and the result was negative. My stomach becomes so big and I cannot walk or when sit. I cannot see or cloth my legs. It feels like it is just going to burst. I have a poor appetite and anything I have eaten just comes back up. I have vomited blood on two occasions and I always feel nausea. I cannot use the toilet sometimes for days, otherwise I cannot stop going. Sometimes, at the end of urination the pain can be so sore. The pain is constant under my right rib and runs down the right side and into the middle of my front. Please help with my condition.

#

• Vomiting blood is a red flag for gastritis, peptic ulcer or erosions in the stomach or duodenum.
  • I would highly suggest you follow up with a gasteroenterologist personally for upper GI endoscopy. If possible get a colonoscopy with biopsy for celiac disease in blood tests are very non-specific.
  • I would also be worried about Crohn's disease as it can affect the upper GI as well as lower GI tract.

1. Celiac disease (if not ruled out by a biopsy of the colon)
2. Crohn's disease
3. PUD (peptic ulcer disease).
4. Helicobacter pylori infection.
5. Gastritis.

CBC (complete blood count), EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy) and colonoscopy.

It would depend upon the endoscopy and biopsy results.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|