Q. Why do I have a big belly?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2020

I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'6" and weight is 74 kg. I have a big belly with the rest of my body being a little leaner. I have continuous hunger even after I have had food. After a meal with five roti and a cup of rice, I will feel hungry within an hour or two. I have zero activity. I sit in front of the computer for nearly seven to eight hours every day. Is there any tests that I could take to know if anything is wrong? I have no sugar and BP. Thank you for the advice in advance.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

We are here to help you.

• You seem to be simply suffering from belly obesity that occurs as a result of a sedentary lifestyle.
  • Excessive hunger is just a functional issue, that is since you eat, you get more hunger. It is a habit.
  • Start exercising and join a gym or go for jogging.
  • I would advise you the following for weight loss and cholesterol management:
  1. Reduce your weight naturally by diet modification and exercises.
  2. Avoid fatty food in your diet.
  3. Try to consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
  4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
  • If you are unable to lose weight by these measures, you can discuss with your doctor about a drug called as Orlistat. This drug reduces the absorption of fat and helps in weight loss if used in conjugation with diet plans and exercise.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|