Q. Does beta hCG of 2 indicate pregnancy?

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

I had my beta hCG done yesterday. It came as 2.00. I had sex recently. Eight months ago, when I had done the same test, my beta hCG was less than 0.1. Why this increase from 0.1 to 2? Is it because I can be pregnant and the hCG is increasing gradually? Or there are other reasons as well which increases it? I wanted to ask this because I am also experiencing early pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, vomiting, a bit of back pain as well. My appetite is down.

#

A beta hCG level which is increased indicates a possibility of pregnancy. You need to do a USG scan to look for evidence of fetus in the uterus. Also, you need to repeat a beta hCG level after a week from the date of first test increasing levels definitely are significant.

Meet a gynecologist at the earliest. Do not use any home remedies or emergency contraception pills as they can cause serious side effects.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

So, this increased beta hCG indicates that this is the start of pregnancy? No other reason is possible for this increase?

#

Yes, but please also do a repeat hCG level from the same lab and an ultrasound to confirm.

|