Q. My beta hCG blood test result is 54. 50 mlU/mL. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Deepti Verma

Hi doctor,

I am a 26 year old female. My LMP was on the 8th of last month. I missed my period this month. I have done a home pregnancy test on the 10th of this month, and I have seen a faint line which was confusing. So, I took a beta hCG blood test and got the result as 54.50 mlU/mL. Could you please let me know whether I am pregnant or not? I have attached the reports.

#

I have gone through your question and understood your concern. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The pregnancy is definitely there. However, I will suggest you get a repeat beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test after 48 hours of the previous sample. If an increase is more than double in 48 hours, then it is a viable pregnancy. Otherwise ectopic and chemical pregnancy should be ruled out.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Regards.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Hi doctor,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. As per your advice, I have taken hCG test after 48 hours and the result was 184 mlU/mL. I am attaching both the reports. Please advise.

#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The increase in the beta hCG levels is more than double in 48 hours. So, it is most likely a viable intrauterine pregnancy.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|