Common "Betamethasone Dipropionate" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Betamethasone Dipropionate

Betamethasone Dipropionate is a type of steroid called corticosteroid, which is used to treat various skin diseases that result in swelling and itching. It is also used to relieve joint pain and swelling caused due to sudden attacks of arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My nephew has a skin infection in the right midfoot. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor,My nephew, who is 5.6 years old, has got a skin infection in the right midfoot. My sister noticed it a week ago. She thought it as some infection due to sweat in summer. Now, it has been the same which is in the attached photo. Until now there is no itching or burning or any irritation or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that your nephew developed fixed drug eruption or irritant contact dermatitis. I suggest you apply Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily an...  Read Full »

How to treat the chronic skin condition right above my left ankle?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male. I have this skin condition right above my left ankle and its been there for almost 15 years. I have tried to get it treated a few times but, it just did not go away. Sometimes, it is itchy but at others it is fine. The last time I saw a dermatologist, she presc...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see dry, raised, hyperpigmented, scaly lesions. This is lichen simplex chronicus (LSC) and is usually itchy. The ointment with Betamethasone and Salicylic aci...  Read Full »

I have severe chapping and cracking of lips inspite of using B complex tablets. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a severe issue with my lips for the past six months. The problem involves intense chapping and cracking of my lips. Dryness and itching are not present; rather, the focus is on severe cracking. I attempted to address this by using an ointment and B complex tabl...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. However, I did not receive any attached photographs in your message. To assist you more effectively, please provide a picture of the affected area. Viewing the affected area is essential for me to accurately assess the con...  Read Full »

Why do I get white fluid from infected part of my finger?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have been getting white fluid from the infected part of my finger. I do not know how it got infected. I have this for the last one month. I used antibacterial ointments, but still it is not getting healed rather it is getting more and peeling away.  Read Full »

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Do you wear rings on that finger or used to wear them before? Please send the image of that finger. Do you have any itching problems in other parts of the body or similar lesions? Please tell me the name of the ointment you used before.   Read Full »

How to overcome testicular rashes, itching, and redness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicular rashes, my ball sacks are itching, and it has turned red. I am dying of it. I did not have any unprotected sex or intercourse at all. Please help me out. How do I stop this itching? Reply with a solution, please. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Such rashes and itching are signs of infections that are due to sexual contact. If you have not had sex at all, then do not worry. Chances of sexually transmitted diseases are rare. This is due to infections s...  Read Full »

After nose piercing, I can see a red bump near it. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I v...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your concern. With your description, it seems you have developed irritant contact dermatitis to the metal stud. I suggest you try using Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily for seven days over the affected area. Do not wear any metal stud...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a scaly patch on my scalp?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a chronic 1.2" patch on my scalp, which has scales in it. If I remove these scales, gum-like liquid forms in that area and it dries to form the scales again. It reduces if I tonsure my hair and increases with hair growth. I do not have similar patches anywher...  Read Full »

Dr. Asia Hafeez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is a partially treated lesion. From your description, your scaly scalp could be seborrhea or psoriatic plaque. An autoimmune disorder has probably caused it. Investigations to be done: Fasting lipid. Hepatitis B and C serology. Skin biopsy. Scraping for fungus. ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take Fluconazole along with topical creams to help vaginal yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on Fluconazole 150 mg, and I am on my second dose. I just took it yesterday for a yeast infection. I was given Clotrimazole Betamethasone topical cream to apply on the affected area twice a day. However, it seems to make it hurt in an hour after application. I first felt...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your history and understand your concern. It could be due to vaginitis caused by a fungal and bacterial infection. You have to take vaginal tablet as well as local application of cream. You can do one thing use plain candid cream and take antifungal ...  Read Full »

My bleeding skin in thumb and forefinger does not heal on medication. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very painful skin condition on the sides of my thumbs and forefingers. It started months ago and is steadily getting worse and spreading to other fingers. I also have it on one of my toes. The nails have gone very thick and have a chalky formation under the nail. This is not pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, this is eczema only and you are using the correct cream, but the problem is that it is a very resistant condition, so it takes time to get resolved. You should avoid touching soap, detergen...  Read Full »

What is the white residue under the foreskin of penis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30-year-old and currently doing foreskin stretching exercises every day to loosen up my foreskin while taking a bath. I always use virgin coconut oil when I stretch and at the end of the day, I use Betamethasone Dipropionate 0.05 % twice each day. I wash my glans with water only and...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Noted the pictures you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have done a great job doing retraction using steroid cream. This course using cream is to be done for six weeks. You need to retract the foreskin to back completely and clean all white...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.