Q. I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2021

I get red dots on my penis after masturbating or having sex. It becomes normal after applying Candid B cream and Fusidic acid on the penis. Again after having sex, the red dots, which are very small and sometimes they have a white center, are seen on the penis head. One more thing I would like to mention is, 2 to 3 months back after masturbating, my foreskin got swollen on the left side, but after 2 to 3 days, it became normal. I also took some antibiotics for 7 to 8 days, but these red dots are coming back. They come in a batch of 2 to 3, and if I do not apply any cream, then it keeps on increasing in number. Please help me.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your concern.

• With your description, it seems you have developed candidal balanitis. Red dots, which you described, are known as satellite lesions.
  • I suggest you stop using Candid B (Clotrimazole and Betamethasone dipropionate), as it contains steroids. Do not use it more than five short courses to reduce inflammation.
  • I also suggest using Clotrimazole and Fusidic acid cream twice daily for one month, and tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for four weeks, after consulting your GP or a nearby dermatologist.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for replying. I have already used Fluconazole 150 mg. Are Clotrimazole and Fusidic acid, a single cream or two different creams? The problem is the red dots disappear after treatment and come back after having sex or masturbating.

#

• These two creams are separate, mix both and make one fingertip unit (FTU), along with tablet Fluconazole. It does not matter if you have used it earlier.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|