Q. I have a skin condition that has not got cured since 15 years. Please help.

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I am a 32 year old male. I have this skin condition right above my left ankle and its been there for almost 15 years. I have tried to get it treated a few times but, it just did not go away. Sometimes, it is itchy but at others it is fine. The last time I saw a dermatologist, she prescribed an ointment with Betamethasone and Salicylic acid, and also a moisturizing gel. But, it is still there.  And, I think this is my last hope. Please check the image I uploaded.

#

I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The ointment with Betamethasone and Salicylic acid is quite alright and should improve the LSC on the leg but, a better and more efficient treatment choice would be an intralesional injection of a depot steroid preparation into this LSC skin lesion, for example, Triamcinolone acetonide 40 mg/ml injection.
  • I suggest you visit a dermatologist in person for the needful.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|