Q. What shall I do for unbearable itching of wound?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I got a grafting surgery on my chest for which a skin was removed partially from my leg. The problem is in my leg from where the skin was extracted. It has converted to an infection with small red bumps, pimple and unbearable itching. I am attaching the picture. It has been like this for the past 45 days. But, the itchiness is unbearable. Please recommend something for this extreme itching. It also gets worse in humid condition with temporary relief in cool places. I had breast cancer and got treatment. I had Teczine for itching, but stopped it due to dizziness.

#

• In the picture, there is no infection seen (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only post procedure pigmentation is there at present.
  • You have itching due to healing. Any skin wound during healing cause bit itching.
  • You continue taking Teczine 5 mg (Levocetirizine) if itching is more. This tablet cause bit drowsiness, so take it in the night if possible.
  • If itching still continue, then you can use Diprovate-G lotion (combination of Betamethasone and Gentamicin) once in a day for a few days.
  • From the photos, it seems that your itching problem will subside in a few days itself. So, just use moisturizer and Teczine for a few days.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|