Q. Is it normal for vulva and vagina to get swollen during sexual intercourse?

Dr. Deepthi

Whenever I have sex, it feels like my vulva and vagina start out well lubed and with no issue but within 4 or 5 minutes they both become swollen and irritated enough that I cannot continue to have sex.

#

As per your history, swelling is temporary so do not worry. It may occur due to an allergy to condoms, vaginal douches, ragged intercourse, infections, and less lubrication but you said you do not have any problem with lubrication.

Allergy to condoms , vaginal douches, ragged intercourse, infections, and less lubrication.

Urine routine examination, pelvic examinations and check for STI’s.

If it is only temporary swelling means no need of treatment but if persists then let me know.

Maintain good personal hygiene, allergy free barrier contraception, avoid allergic products and lubricants.

|