Q. Please advice me on my liver biopsy report.

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Kindly tell me what is going on in my liver with my biopsy report.

#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

I have read your biopsy histopathology report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and following is my explanation of the report. The human liver consist of portal tract, central vein and hepatocytes. Your biopsy report shows mild portal tract inflammation and inflammation around portal tract as well called periportal inflammation. So you are having inflammation in your liver to mild degree.

The inflammation in anywhere in body occurs due to reaction to some foreign body, virus, bacteria or immunological reaction.You are having a history of a liver transplant. So your inflammation might be due to the late-stage reaction as well. Your GGT high suggestive of cholestasis correlated in histopathology report as well. So you should discuss regarding inflammation and possible rejection to your gastro surgeon for further management. There is no presence of any cancer in the liver, so cancer is not present. I hope I have explained to you your report in an understandable way. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|