Q. Please advice me on my liver biopsy report.

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 13, 2019

Kindly tell me what is going on in my liver with my biopsy report.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

I have read your biopsy histopathology report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and following is my explanation of the report. The human liver consist of portal tract, central vein and hepatocytes. Your biopsy report shows mild portal tract inflammation and inflammation around portal tract as well called periportal inflammation. So you are having inflammation in your liver to mild degree.

The inflammation in anywhere in body occurs due to reaction to some foreign body, virus, bacteria or immunological reaction.You are having a history of a liver transplant. So your inflammation might be due to the late-stage reaction as well. Your GGT high suggestive of cholestasis correlated in histopathology report as well. So you should discuss regarding inflammation and possible rejection to your gastro surgeon for further management. There is no presence of any cancer in the liver, so cancer is not present. I hope I have explained to you your report in an understandable way. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I had two CAT scans with and without contrast. Which is reliable?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a CAT scan done two weeks ago with dye. It showed that my liver was normal. I had another one done yesterday as I am having problems with diverticulitis with dye and oral white drink. This one showed subtle roughness of liver, suggesting cirrhosis. I have had elevated liver enzym...  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »

My biopsy report shows low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My doctor did a biopsy and the result showed a low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL). Acute inflammation and associated reactive change are also noted. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Ask a Pathologist Now