Q. How to identify if I am bipolar?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 12, 2019

I did a lot of tests to see if I am bipolar because I have a lot of similar symptoms. They all had the same answer that there is a high possibility that you are bipolar, go to a specialist. I already have a psychiatrist, but I do not know how to talk about it. Could you help me because I am desperate?

#

I can appreciate your dilemma. I will suggest discussing your concerns with your psychiatrist. Write down all the reasons why you think you may have bipolar disorder and discuss it with your psychiatrist during your next review. Screening tests in the search may give approximate guidance, but they not very specific. For example, many teenagers have significant mood swings, which may inadvertently be flagged up as bipolar. A proper diagnosis can be made only by a comprehensive assessment, including detailed background history.

|