Q. I am suffering from bipolar disorder, and I had depression before. I need help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2020

I am suffering from bipolar disorder and i had depression before . I overdosed on cipralex and thus i got bipolar disorder. The problem is i overthink a lot. And it drives me angry sad . And sometimes depressed also when i cant do anything about it. I was on dayo 750mg for six months and then i stopped . It didnt seem to have any positive effects on me . My psyciatrist told me i dont need any theraphy but i think i do. I need help.if you can provide some ill be grateful...

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Dear, Thanks for using Icliniq.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that overdose of cipralex unlikely to cause bipolar disorder as per the available research. It is possible that you initially presented with depression which was treated with Cipralex. And after the treatment was started the hidden bipolar disorder was unmasked with use of cipralex. It is very common with unmasking of bipolar disorder among the susceptible individuals.

Secondly most individuals with bipolar disorder need the long term treatment. It is possible that there was improper understanding on part of your psychiatrist and you for some reasons. Your ongoing suffering clearly indicates that there is need for treatment. I do not think this need to be proved by any form of tests.

Being a psychiatrist I can offer you online assessment and treatment of your bipolar depression. You can contact me on any suitable time for online consultation.

I will be glad to assist you. Thanks again.

|