Q. How to manage enlarged pores, acne, comedones, and blackheads?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I have prominent enlarged pores, blackheads, small pimples, uneven skin tone, comedones, and bumps on my skin. My pores are very oily, especially in the nose area, and I have a lot of blackheads there too. Kindly advise.

#

At your age, individuals most often face such issues. However, you need not panic as there are effective treatment options available to reduce the oiliness and the pore size. You should use sunscreen, which has a matt finish with a minimum SPF of 30 or above. I suggest you consult with a specialist and start applying Tretin (Tretinoin) 0.025 % cream with their consent, only a peanut volume, daily evening for 4 hours and wash it off with water and apply a moisturizer. Take a diet rich in vitamins A and C.

Can you list the products for me? It would be helpful.

#

I suggest you consult a specialist and take the following medications with their consent.

1) Photostable gold sunscreen (Methoxycinnamate, Methylene, Tetramethylbutylphenol, Silica, Triazone, Ethylhexyloxyphenol, and Methoxyphenyl triazide) daily in the morning.

2) Tretin (Tretinoin) 0.025% cream daily in the evening for 4 weeks.

3) Moisawave cream at night.

|