Q. Experiencing involuntary urination after two days of femur bone surgery. Why?

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bladder Control or Urinary Tract Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother is 88 years old. She had undergone a surgery for the fractured femur thigh bone. Now, she is experiencing high involuntary urination for the past two days. She is on bed rest now, and any movement in the body or legs results in urine discharge. Currently, she is taking Thyronorm 75 mcg, Glycomet SR 500, Atorfit 10 mg, Ecospirin, and Calcirol. Her sugar levels are normal, and her BP is 140 by 70 mmHg. Please suggest.