Q. I have issues controlling my bladder and bowels. What is the reason?

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene
Published on Sep 10, 2017

I underwent a right radical nephrectomy two years back due to RCC but, after that (within three to four days) I started having a problem in controlling urine and motion, that is, I cannot wait. I always have an emergency. What is the reason? In which part of my body does the problem exist? Whenever I take DuoFlow tablets I feel better. Otherwise, I have to wake up in the middle of the night about three to four times. It is the same with motion. I cannot wait for this also. Please guide me.

#

• Have you consulted your urologist for this problem? If there is no surgical complication, you can undergo MRI lumbosacral spine to look for any local cause.
  • Do you have any weakness in your legs? Any sweating disturbances in the legs? Any loss of sensations over your legs?
  • You can continue taking Duoflow (a combination of Tamsulosin and Solifenacin) at present.
  • Another possibility can be an injury to the nerve controlling bladder and bowel functions.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Yes, I forgot to tell you that there was drop foot problem in my right leg. It is still not completely alright. I cannot stand on my right toe. It automatically comes down to the left.

#

• It would be good to get an MRI of the lumbosacral spine along with hip and pelvis. Get a nerve conduction study with SSEP (somatosensory evoked potentials) done to localize the lesion.

Are my symptoms normally seen in peroneal neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I got peroneal neuropathy after bariatric surgery. I have lost 97 lbs in the last six months, and all of a sudden, I was diagnosed with peroneal neuropathy in my right leg. My right leg was numb from the knee down all through my toes, but now the numbness has subsided and only my big toe ...  Read Full »

Semen volume has drastically reduced after Consistam D. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46 year old male. I was diagnosed with prostatomegaly (enlarged prostate, 23.48 gm) with significant post void urine volume (86 ml). The doctor prescribed Consistam D once daily. After taking for 40 days, the urge to urination reduced but semen volume and pleasure in sex drastic...  Read Full »

My leg fell asleep two weeks ago with pins and needles feeling. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My leg fell asleep two weeks ago and stayed asleep for days with pins and needle feeling constant. When the pins and needles stopped, the left side of my leg stayed asleep as well as my foot. I have foot drop on that side and it has been almost three weeks with no improvement. I had u...  Read Full »