Q. What does SOL in USG mean?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Oct 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

My father is 63 years old. He is a diabetic patient and currently under diabetic medication. Now, he found blood in urine. His USG showed SOL in a urinary bag and it was measured about 44 mm x 22 mm. Please help me to understand what it is.

#

SOL in bladder (space-occupying lesion) means a bladder growth. Most of the times, the bladder growth will be malignant. So, your father needs early evaluation and treatment for his bladder growth. Based on CT scan and bladder biopsy, further treatment can be decided. For small and simple growths, endoscopic removal is possible.

For growths which extend into the bladder wall, surgery to remove bladder or radiotherapy is needed. For growths already spread beyond the bladder, chemotherapy may be needed. No point in delaying the treatment. Also, there is no need to panic. Consult a urologist in person who deals with urological cancers and get your father evaluated.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

How to improve WBC count following chemotherapy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am suffering from acute lymphoblastic lymphoma and I am going to finish my last chemotherapy. My WBC count has reduced due to discontinuation of GCSF. After the completion of chemotherapy session, how to recover WBC count? Please suggest me.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. GCSF (granulocyte-colony stimulating factor) is given for immediate recovery followed by chemotherapy as chemotherapy causes excessive suppression of the bone marrow. The body has its own mechanism to produce GCSF and it will take usually a few weeks to start producing an...  Read Full

My father has severe diarrhea after chemotherapy for colon cancer. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 43 years old father has colon cancer. He had undergone hemicolectomy laparoscopic surgery, and he is currently undergoing chemotherapy with Xelox (Oxaliplatin and Capecitabine). I am here to ask you about the side effects of chemo that my father is experiencing from the first cycle...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Diarrhea could be due to surgery or chemotherapy or both. Normally, the patients should not have this much diarrhea. If it remains uncontrolled, you may have to stop chemotherapy for some days.Weight loss is common in this condition. After chemotherapy, he should be fine. A...  Read Full

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is clearly acromioclavicular joint injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are two ligaments which basically keep our ACL joint in position. In type 3 injuries, both ligaments are torn. Now, according to literature, treatment of type 1,2 inju...  Read Full