Q. What does SOL in USG mean?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

My father is 63 years old. He is a diabetic patient and currently under diabetic medication. Now, he found blood in urine. His USG showed SOL in a urinary bag and it was measured about 44 mm x 22 mm. Please help me to understand what it is.

#

SOL in bladder (space-occupying lesion) means a bladder growth. Most of the times, the bladder growth will be malignant. So, your father needs early evaluation and treatment for his bladder growth. Based on CT scan and bladder biopsy, further treatment can be decided. For small and simple growths, endoscopic removal is possible.

For growths which extend into the bladder wall, surgery to remove bladder or radiotherapy is needed. For growths already spread beyond the bladder, chemotherapy may be needed. No point in delaying the treatment. Also, there is no need to panic. Consult a urologist in person who deals with urological cancers and get your father evaluated.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|