Q. My ejaculation quantity has diminished. How to improve?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Jan 06, 2017

I am a 60 year old male with type 2 diabetes (HbA1c 6.2). Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. Erections are not the problem, just no orgasm or ejaculate. Everything feels right during stimulation but stops short of actually going over the top. I went to a urologist, but he did not seem to be of any help. He could only offer Viagra. He did say my prostate was only slightly enlarged. Over the last couple of years, the ejaculation quantity has diminished. Now, it seems to be dry. Please offer me something here.

#

• Poor or absent ejaculation occurs due to medicines for prostate or due to diabetes.
  • In some diabetic patients, there is retrograde ejaculation (into the bladder) or sometimes no ejaculation. This can be confirmed by post ejaculation urine test for sperms.
  • However, this should not prevent you from enjoying sexual activity. You will simply be shooting blanks or having a dry orgasm.
  • If there are issues with reaching orgasm or regarding decreased libido, then probably see another urologist or an andrologist. He may suggest checking your serum testosterone levels.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I wish I could shoot blanks and still experience the orgasm. That is not happening. I have been on a testosterone regimen for nearly a year (1 mL for every two weeks). My recent laboratory result was 716 ng/dL. Before year also, my libido has almost disappeared and the current lack of orgasm has developed.

#

• I suggest three monthly Depot testosterone injections or daily testosterone patch or gel. This will give better results.
  • I also suggest Tadalafil or Sildenafil on demand after consulting your doctor. A combination of testosterone and Tadalafil or Sildenafil works better than either alone.

| 

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Why am I having headache after taking Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old and my weight was 104 kg. I am having erectile dysfunction problem and tried before by using Sildenafil 50 mg tablets. Previously, I did not find any issues with this drug but nowadays, I am getting a headache and lower jaw pulling sense. Please suggest what can I do?  Read Full »

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article