Q. Are vaginal bleeding with abdominal pressure concerning in a 7-week pregnant woman?

Dr. Monica Mathur

I am a 34-year-old female. My pregnancy was confirmed ten days ago, and now I am 7 weeks pregnant. I have noticed bleeding since last night with mild abdominal pressure. There are no other symptoms. I have five children already. I am asthmatic.

Why do I have this bleeding?

Thanks.

#

Vaginal bleeding during the seventh week of pregnancy is an abnormal condition. This is threatening an abortion that requires urgent treatment. First of all, you should be on complete bed rest. You can take any progesterone preparation like Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) twice a day for seven days. Please get an ultrasound of your lower abdomen to see whether there are any clots in the uterus.

Please revert with the results.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I get this medicine over the counter? Do you think I lose the baby, or is this normal?

Thanks.

#

Welcome back to icliniq com.

This is an abnormal condition. But, taking proper care will help us to continue the pregnancy. This is not an over-the-counter drug. Would you please share the ultrasound report?

Thanks.

|