Q. My gums are bleeding, and I have bad breath. What should I do?

Dr. Purva Jingar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 60 kg and I am 5.8 feet tall. I am facing problems like bleeding gum, bad breath, and also my gums are getting separated from the teeth. What should I do? My gums bleed on brushing, so I tried using lemon for it.

#

The problems you are suffering from are common among people, but you need to know the reason behind it.

• Bleeding gums are due to wrong brushing techniques or you are not maintaining oral hygiene properly and there is some food lodgement. For this, visit a dentist and get scaling done. You need to maintain oral hygiene properly and brush twice a day. Also, use soft bristles toothbrush.
  • Bad breath is either hereditary or because of food lodgement or you have a habit of eating spicy food a lot. For treatment, you need to maintain oral hygiene properly and use mouthwash after brushing teeth. Rinse mouth with water after every meal and also avoid eating spicy food. Use mouth freshener. Do not smoke or drink.
  • Gum recession is common and you need to visit a dentist for this. This is caused due to poor oral hygiene and food lodgement. For treatment, visit a dentist and he will cure this with medicines and some procedures.
  • If you have any cavity in your teeth, then get an x-ray done for the same.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|