Q. What can be done for loose teeth and bleeding gums?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

A couple of my adult teeth feel loose. My gums are sore and bleed randomly as well as when I brush. Do I have gum disease?

#

As you say about your gum condition and oral health, I think you have a gum infection. But do not worry. It is common and curable. You need a dental appointment as soon as possible. He or she will examine clinically and advice treatment (deep oral prophylaxis, gingival flap surgery). You can follow some instructions like brush twice a day, make sure all surface of teeth is covered properly. Use a soft brush and change it every two months. Use medicated mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine twice a day or you can use lukewarm water with a pinch of salt to rinse your mouth. And make sure to confirm an appointment with the dentist.

Poor oral hygiene.

Clinical examination and dental X-ray.

Gingivitis, periodontitis.

Periodontitis.

Oral prophylaxis.

| 

Am I in trouble with 20% gum bone loss at the age of 45?

Query: Hi doctor, I was told that my gums are fine with most of them at level 3 and a few in level 4. One doctor said that I have some bone loss, but there is no big deal. Another qualified dentist said that bone loss is 20%. Now, I am scared. Am I in trouble with 20% bone loss at the age 45? I have a prev...  Read Full »

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?

Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full »

What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.  Read Full »