Q. What can be done for loose teeth and bleeding gums?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Published on Dec 08, 2018

A couple of my adult teeth feel loose. My gums are sore and bleed randomly as well as when I brush. Do I have gum disease?

#

As you say about your gum condition and oral health, I think you have a gum infection. But do not worry. It is common and curable. You need a dental appointment as soon as possible. He or she will examine clinically and advice treatment (deep oral prophylaxis, gingival flap surgery). You can follow some instructions like brush twice a day, make sure all surface of teeth is covered properly. Use a soft brush and change it every two months. Use medicated mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine twice a day or you can use lukewarm water with a pinch of salt to rinse your mouth. And make sure to confirm an appointment with the dentist.

Poor oral hygiene.

Clinical examination and dental X-ray.

Gingivitis, periodontitis.

Periodontitis.

Oral prophylaxis.

Am I in trouble with 20% gum bone loss at the age of 45?

Query: Hi doctor, I was told that my gums are fine with most of them at level 3 and a few in level 4. One doctor said that I have some bone loss, but there is no big deal. Another qualified dentist said that bone loss is 20%. Now, I am scared. Am I in trouble with 20% bone loss at the age 45? I have a prev...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of bone loss that is 20% is not alarming at 45 years of age. It is routinely seen in patients at this age. There is no need to worry as it does not mean that the tooth will fall off soon. Try to maintain the current level by using a warm salt water gargle twice...  Read Full

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?

Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full >>

Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others. The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like...  Read Full

What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is called localized peridontitis, which occur sometimes if there was food impaction between the two teeth or some prolonged infection due to plaque and calculus deposition. You should use warm saline gargle thrice a day for a week. Visit a dentist and ask him to cle...  Read Full