Q. What is the cause and solution for bleeding gums?

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan
Published on Feb 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2019

Every morning while I brush, I notice bleeding from my gums. I do not have any pain. What is the possible cause and solution?

#

I understand your concern.

The most common cause of bleeding from gums is inflammation of the gums, otherwise called as gingivitis which leads to periodontitis if left untreated.

The reason to develop gingivitis is mostly associated with oral hygiene and oral hygiene habits. You may consult your local dental doctor and get a dental cleaning done and follow up after a week to check if your symptoms have subsided.

It is most likely to resolve if associated with oral hygiene. Other factors affecting gum health may be menopause, diabetes, etc. Visiting a dentist every six months for a regular check-up is recommended.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scraping done to the inside area of lower front teeth is necessary to remove calculus deposited at the site. This procedure is called the dental scaling. We definitely have to remove those calculus deposits for longer life of the teeth. Use warm salin...  Read Full

My gums are itchy after using mouthwash. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My gums are itchy after eating. I used mouthwash. After using it, I usually rinse my mouth with water. I started to have a burning sensation in my gums after using mouthwash. But still, my gums are itchy.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have gingivitis. You have itching sensation after having meals is because of the periodontal pocket presenting with a gap between the teeth and gums. Please mention about the mouthwash used whether it is Chlorhexidine or H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide). If you use H2O2, it...  Read Full

My lower teeth gum color varies. Please clarify if I have gingivitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I do not know if I have gingivitis. The gums of my front teeth in the lower jaw have a small hint of pale pink. But, on the right¬†side, it shows a hint of a darker pink. Also, my teeth look larger on the back side. Is that normal? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.You sound absolutely fine. The normal color of the gums is coral pink, and there will also be some random distribution of dark shades over the gums sometimes even brownish.The dark colour is nothing but melanin p...  Read Full