Q. What will be the reason for constant blinking of eyes in a 2. 8 year old child?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 14, 2019

My son is 2.8 years old, sometimes he is blinking eyes often, the first incident occurred two weeks back, and today he is doing that, what might be the reason?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I understand the situation you are facing with your child. Most of the times, it is normal for this age group children to have such habits or mannerisms. If your child also has any other associated symptoms like not attentive while playing or in playschool, losing awareness of the surroundings, then it could be one of the types of fits. In such a situation, consult a nearby pediatrician neurologist for further evaluation and management.

He is very attentive to details, and now he speaks and understands two languages, very active, should I need to worry?

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Paediatrics
#

No need to worry if your child is active and having normal developmental milestones like his peers.

How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?

Query: Hi doctor, How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?  Read Full >>

Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ways to know if the baby is getting an adequate amount of feed are as follows. The baby sleeps well for two hours post an adequate feed. Baby passes 6 to 8 times urine. Baby has a weight gain of 25 to 30 gm per day. These are the three main points determining the ad...  Read Full

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, it is said that radiations from the mobile tower are not carcinogenic. However, there is no proof for that. This statement is based on research. Currently, there are no guidelines stating that one should stay away from mobile tower radiations, so there is noth...  Read Full

I have dryness, redness and red lines in both eyes. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have dryness, redness and red lines in both eyes. No liquid discharge. Right eye hurts sometime. I have 5 to 6 hours work on laptops.  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People spending longer time on computer, laptop screens have greater chances of developing dry eyes. Because while using computer, blink rate is decreased to 1 to 2 time per minute. Normal blinking is necessary to keep eye surface wet and eyelids function as wipers and ...  Read Full