Q. Can ringworm infection cause blisters on fingers?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Mar 08, 2019

I hope you are doing well. A blister kind of wound as appeared on one of my fingers in my left hand. I am sure I did not hurt myself on that finger. It is not itching and painful but it is healing now. The wound is circular in shape. I am taking the attached medications for IBS at the moment. Could you please review this and advise?

Is it related to ringworm? Or is it side effects of the IBS medication? Similar kind of wound appeared two months back also but it was in my right hand. Would like to know why this wound has appeared? Please advise.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

This is not a fungal infection, looks to be a bacterial infection. The wound has started healing due to antibiotics you are on. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause of lesion. Topically, you may consider the application of Fusidic acid 2 % cream twice daily.

I have a few more questions.

How to avoid this type of infections in the future? I keep myself hygienic all the time while I am outside or at the workplace? Will these type of lesions occur again? Does this indicate my immune system is weak? Is this common skin problem or a serious issue that I should be concerned of?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is not related to hygiene. It can occur due to inflammation of hair follicle. It is common and not related to the immune system. It should not reoccur until and unless there is injury or inflammation of follicle.

I have itchy blisters over the sides of fingers and palms. Suggest me a cure.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I do not know what is happening with my body. I have itchy blisters on my five fingers, and my entire body feels very itchy.  Read Full »

What could be the cause of penis blisters?

Query: Hello doctor,I have blisters on the head of my penis due to masturbation without proper lubricant. I thought that it would heal by itself in a few days but now the blister popped and the skin is very tender and hurts to the touch. Also, another blister of sort, developed on the tip. It cannot be an ...  Read Full »

Are H.pylori infection and stomach cancer interrelated?

Query: Hi doctor, In the past one month, I have been feeling like bloated stomach and uncomfortable as if my stomach was full. Initially, I went to a local doctor. However, that did not help me. Then, I went to a gastroenterologist, who initially gave me medicines and then did an endoscopy. Post the endosc...  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now