Q. Can ringworm infection cause blisters on fingers?

Answered by Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Blisters or Bacterial Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I hope you are doing well. A blister kind of wound as appeared on one of my fingers in my left hand. I am sure I did not hurt myself on that finger. It is not itching and painful but it is healing now. The wound is circular in shape. I am taking the attached medications for IBS at the moment. Could you please review this and advise?

Is it related to ringworm? Or is it side effects of the IBS medication? Similar kind of wound appeared two months back also but it was in my right hand. Would like to know why this wound has appeared? Please advise.