Q. I have itchy blisters over the sides of fingers and palms. Suggest me a cure.

Dr. Kalpana Pathak
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am an 18 year old female, and I do not know what is happening with my body. I have itchy blisters on my five fingers, and my entire body feels very itchy.

#

Though the description of your query is a bit brief and vague, I could think of two possibilities in your case.

1. Pompholyx - where one gets very tiny itchy blisters over the sides of fingers and palms. It requires taking oral antiallergic drugs like Cetirizine along with a steroid cream application
  2. Scabies - where one gets itchy red lesions over finger web spaces, wrist, arms, underarms, abdomen, chest area, and the inner side of thighs. Application of Permethrin cream will cure this.

I would be able to help you more if you could send me the following details: Since how long do you have these lesions? The exact site and morphology of these lesions. Does your skin appear to be dry or flaky? Is there any history of similar lesions in family, friends, or roommates? Are you living with a pet? Send me a picture of the site.

|