Q. Why does my kid have a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister?

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

My daughter has a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister but if it was, I would have heard her cry when it happened. I am hoping you can rule out spider bite or even better, tell me what is going on.

#

As per the picture you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an insect bite that has got infected. I cannot be sure as to which bug. Mosquito, spider, bedbug, it could be anything.

If it is not painful or any pus formation or fever, you can wait for a few days for it to go away by itself. But, if any pain, pus, or fever arise, she will need topical as well as oral antibiotic. Please feel free to contact for any further queries.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|