Q. Why does my kid have a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister?

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy
Published on Apr 27, 2018

My daughter has a bump on her finger that looks like a blood blister but if it was, I would have heard her cry when it happened. I am hoping you can rule out spider bite or even better, tell me what is going on.

#

As per the picture you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an insect bite that has got infected. I cannot be sure as to which bug. Mosquito, spider, bedbug, it could be anything.

If it is not painful or any pus formation or fever, you can wait for a few days for it to go away by itself. But, if any pain, pus, or fever arise, she will need topical as well as oral antibiotic. Please feel free to contact for any further queries.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Frostbite

Article Overview: Injury to the skin caused by exposure to extreme cold is called frostbite. This happens when you are exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of your skin. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha
General Medicine Physician

What is Frostbite ? Injury to the skin caused by exposure to extreme cold is called frostbite. This happens when you are exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of your skin. Exposed skin in cold and windy weather is most susceptible to frostbite, but it can also occur on skin covered by c...  Read Article

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full >>

Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would not be an insect bite unless it appeared overnight. After reviewing the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an infection of the hair follicle. For such a skin infection, overweight and diabetes are the risk factors. I would ...  Read Full

My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 2 years and seven months old. From five days, she has little bumps on her finger and she is having an itching sensation especially during nights. This happened after she played with clay in the garden. I am assuming it to be some insect bite. I am not sure though. Please adv...  Read Full >>

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is a strong probability of some sort of insect bite. I suggest giving her syrup Atarax 2 ml (Hydroxyzine) twice a day for two days. Keep watch, she might feel sleepy after Atarax. Apply calamine lotion locally. If the swelling does not disappear in two d...  Read Full