Q. My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

My daughter is 2 years and seven months old. From five days, she has little bumps on her finger and she is having an itching sensation especially during nights. This happened after she played with clay in the garden. I am assuming it to be some insect bite. I am not sure though. Please advise.

#

Yes, there is a strong probability of some sort of insect bite. I suggest giving her syrup Atarax 2 ml (Hydroxyzine) twice a day for two days. Keep watch, she might feel sleepy after Atarax.

Apply calamine lotion locally.

If the swelling does not disappear in two days, she may require antibiotics to prevent infection. As of now no need.

It may be painful, give her syrup Ibugesic 2.5 ml twice a day morning and evening post meal.

All medicines to be taken after doctor's consent.

For more information consult a paediatrician online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|