Q. Will blood donation affect blood test results?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

I have a few queries about blood donation. I am traveling abroad for joining a new company there and I will have medical tests, which includes blood tests for all lipid profile, cholesterol, liver tests, hemoglobin, WBC, RBC, platelets, etc., and for HIV, hepatitis, etc. I am a regular blood donor and planning to donate blood 10 days before my travel. Does this blood donation affect my medical tests? I am having medicine Cernos for testosterone. Does this medicine affect blood for blood donation? Please clarify my doubt.

#

• Blood donation will not affect your blood reports. However, for blood donation your medical reports that is overall health should be good and that includes all tests to be normal irrespective of blood donation.
  • For what ailment are you taking the hormone testosterone? Do you have a valid prescription? Please do present the same at the time of medical tests and blood donation for the record.
  • The hormonal pill for testosterone would not pose any problem and you can go ahead with blood donation. You may mention this point to the doctor at the time of blood donation.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|