Q. Can a couple with same blood group get married?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2019

Blood group of the male is A positive and blood group of the female is A with Rh positive. Can they get married? Will they face any problem in getting pregnant?

#

There is no harm in marrying the partner of same blood group.

Every individual has unique own blood group and ABO and Rh system used most commonly.

If you want to do preconception counseling then investigate with CBC (complete blood count) and if needed HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) can be done to rule out hemoglobinopathy if present.

If any report is done, then acknowledge me with that. As far as same blood group is concerned do not worry regarding that.

For further information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|