Q. Please provide opinion on my complete blood count report.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2019

I would like to know your opinion of my complete blood count. I have attached my reports with this which shows absolute lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia from two years.

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

In the mentioned history hemoglobin level is low and MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is high, So macrocytic anemia is present (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause for which has to be ruled out. Hypothyroidism, vitamin B12 deficiency, liver disease, etc. are some of the causes. B12 deficiency is a common cause, so rule it out by serum B12 estimation.

Second reversal of CD4 to CD8 ratio can be from defect in the immune systems like immunodeficiency problems or autoimmune disorders. Chronic illness like HIV also can lead to reversal ration for which fourth generation HIV, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) testing can be done.

Your further workup can be done in the form of peripheral smear examination so that it can guide you further. I hope this will help you. Consult your physician for further examinations and investigations.

| 

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

We went for a regular check up and reports suggest leukemia. Can you help?

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the hospital for my father's normal check-up. He is 61 years old. His report looks like this: WBC 43000, platelets 1.2 L, and lymphocytes 88 %. To get it cross-checked, we went to another lab the next day and here are the counts: WBC: 38000 (Reduced by 5000), platelets 1.5 L (...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now