Q. How can blood in stool be managed?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
Published on Mar 20, 2019

Since the last two weeks, I am finding blood in stool when stool is hard and when I find hard to pass stool. It starts when I eat ginger or drink turmeric milk. Please suggest to me.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

You may be suffering from constipation with internal hemorrhoids or fissure in ano. You have to avoid spicy food, low fiber diet. Use high fiber diet with plenty of liquids. Use Metamucil or Benefiber for stool bulk formation. Do regular exercise and yoga. If symptoms not improved you may use syrup Lactulose 30 ml after dinner for five days if necessary. If symptoms do not improve or develop an allergy to the above drug, please consult your physician. He will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.23. Normal BMI should ranges between 18.5 to 24.9. So first of all, you need to reduce some weight. Blood while passing stool may have many reasons. But most common ...  Read Full

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and ...  Read Full

What are the causes of constipation and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I had diarrhea two years back, and since then I had gastrointestinal problems. But, I never had mucous or blood in the stools, so I thought it is because of IBS and did not take any medication. My stool test reports showed no signs of parasites or any other organisms in the stools. Lat...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for the detailed description of your problem. I think you have the following issues. The blood in stools that you are describing appears to originate from some disease in your rectum or sigmoid part of your large intestine. Few drops of painless blood in sto...  Read Full