Q. How can blood in stool be managed?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Since the last two weeks, I am finding blood in stool when stool is hard and when I find hard to pass stool. It starts when I eat ginger or drink turmeric milk. Please suggest to me.

#

You may be suffering from constipation with internal hemorrhoids or fissure in ano. You have to avoid spicy food, low fiber diet. Use high fiber diet with plenty of liquids. Use Metamucil or Benefiber for stool bulk formation. Do regular exercise and yoga. If symptoms not improved you may use syrup Lactulose 30 ml after dinner for five days if necessary. If symptoms do not improve or develop an allergy to the above drug, please consult your physician. He will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

|