Q. I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada
Published on Feb 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led to new fissures and was bleeding while passing stools. And there was too much pain while passing stools. Now things have become worse that even when the stool is softer I am feeling pain while passing stools. And even while urinating blood drops from my anus. There is continuous mild to moderate pain in my inner walls of the rectum. Please do help. Please doctor.

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

General Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology
#

In addition to stool softeners, apply Xylocaine jelly 2 percent in the perianal area two times a day and also before and after passing stools.

Take a tubful of lukewarm water and sit in it two times a day. That will help. If it does not help visit a surgeon as soon as possible.

For more information consult a surgical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

In case of stool softeners, I am taking Duphalac, a tablespoon at night after meals daily. Is that enough? I too have naturolax isabgol husk powder. But I was avoiding thinking not to take two types of stool softeners at a time. I do have consistent pain in my inner rectum and bleeding.

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

#

If you are not constipated Duphalac is okay but if you are constipated I suggest taking syrup Cremaffin 30 ml at bedtime.

As I am taking more water and Duphalac as well for the past three days there is no constipation. Yet though the stools have become soft there is a long streak of blood in it. Should I continue the same regime or can a suppository be used for rectum healing instead of ointment doctor? Considering the fact that I have a month-long fissure but the regime is being followed just for the past three days. And if suppository to be used how it is to be used? Thank you for guiding me. Thanks a lot.

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

#

Continue Duphalac. It will take at least 15 days to heal. If it does not heal or improve by then visit a local surgeon.

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.23. Normal BMI should ranges between 18.5 to 24.9. So first of all, you need to reduce some weight. Blood while passing stool may have many reasons. But most common ...  Read Full

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having blood in stools and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest the following to manage your painful piles. I suggest you start antibiotics preferably Ciplox TZ (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole) tablet twice daily. I also suggest you start tablet Lyser DP (Diclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) twice daily...  Read Full

Can an anal fissure heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, After passing stool yesterday, I noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper after wiping. Now today after passing stool, I noticed a bit of bright red blood on the toilet seat, but not in the stool and a bit when wiping. I am suffering from a bit of pain when this happens, and the bleed...  Read Full >>

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are consistent with anal fissure. Yes, fissure will heal on its own, provided it will get a proper environment. An anal fissure can be prevented by avoiding constipation. Because constipation will produce more pressure on...  Read Full

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now