Q. What is the cause for having blood in stool with stomach pain?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
Published on Nov 29, -0001 and last reviewed on: Nov 16, 2018

My son is 11 years old. His sonography impression shows the presence of sub-centric, nonnecrotic, pre and para-aortic mesenteric lymph nodes. He suffers from stomach pain and also has blood in stools. Currently, he is taking Mebex and Monocef. His WBC level is above the normal. Please advice.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Mesenteric lymph node enlargement can be seen in children without a cause, and it is called as primary mesenteric lymphadenitis. In secondary causes, infections like tuberculosis or enteric fever or viral fever can also cause it. Blood in the stool can also occur due to infectious colitis or ileitis or intussusception. Do stool examination, endoscopy, montaux test, and chest X-ray. Consult a pediatrician soon after doing these tests. The doctor will examine the condition and will treat it accordingly.

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems are not too worrisome. It can happen normally as well. I suggest you take the following medicines: Albendazole tablet 400 mg (for worms). Lactobacillus granules (Vizylac or Darolac) daily once for a week. Increase the intake of leafy vegetables, peas, bea...  Read Full

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.23. Normal BMI should ranges between 18.5 to 24.9. So first of all, you need to reduce some weight. Blood while passing stool may have many reasons. But most common ...  Read Full

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Darker color stools are not a good sign. Kindly do a stool examination and visit your family physician for a thorough check-up, so that he can determine the exact cause for your discomfort. There are many reasons like peptic ulcer, a bacterial infection of the stoma...  Read Full