Q. What is the reason for blood in urine?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Nov 01, 2018

My friend has seen just a pinch of blood while urinating. He immediately went to the doctor and they asked him to take some tests. I am attaching the reports. Please tell me if anything is serious. He does heavy gyming and running as well.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have seen your urine report. First of all do not panic This is occasionally hematuria from the external urethral tract, not from kidney due to heavy exercise, mild trauma or ureteric stone. In the urine report, no blood is detected, it is completely normal. If he has any pain during urination or recurring blood in urine, go for USG KUB.

| 

I am attaching the detailed reports.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

As I told you earlier, no need to panic, your kidney is normal and no ureteric calculi or stone is there (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, drop blood can come due to heavy exertion. You drink 2 to 3 liters of water and do not eat too much salt or protein like meat or protein powder or pills or painkiller medications.

| 

Is my bleeding due to periods or implantation?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my period 15 days after my previous one. Normally, my periods are irregular, they are 10 to 15 days late or sometimes early, but not 15 days after the old one. Is it normal? I did not have sex but was close with my fiance just two days after my previous periods. His penis was on m...  Read Full »

Can Meftal be continued irrespective of fever level in a 5 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 years 9 months old. She had a heavy cold and cough last week due to which she got a temperature of 99.8. So I gave her Calpol 250 next day morning similar range so I again continued the medicine and visited the doctor. He said continue fever doses irrespective of whet...  Read Full »

Is Nitrous oxide pre-workout supplement bad for hypothyroidism?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »