Q. When I pass urine, it ends with so much pain. Why?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

I am having painful urination. When I pass urine only 5-10 mL of urine I pass and then end up with so much of pain. The pain is like something stuck in my penis or like some wound inside the penis. And I am also getting blood in urine. This is happening to me for the last two days. Please help me. This is the first time and I am drinking as much water as possible.

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Hematology Pathology
#

Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:

• However, I strongly suspect a possible urethral stricture or urethral mucosal rupture.
  • Get a urine microscopic examination to evaluate for urinary tract infection. If pus cells are present then need to treat urinary tract infection. If not, then you might need to meet a urologist to look into any urethral damage.
  • Do get the tests done at the earliest. If it is severe damage like urethral stricture or narrowing then it will be difficult to manage later.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

What are the causes of constant burning and pain in genitals with frequent urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a burning sensation before and after urination; sometimes I see the light pink colored blood in the urine. From the past seven days, I am having a lot of discomforts, even while sitting idle or sleeping there are a constant burning and pain in my genitals, and I urinate ...  Read Full »

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now