Q. How to maintain a healthy heart with normal BP?

My echocardiogram reveals borderline LVH. My cholesterol is 212 mg/dL and triglyceride is 283 mg/dL. I have been prescribed with Tazloc 40 mg, Nebicard 5 mg, and Rozucor F5. I am very much anxious about my heart. What can I do now?

#

You can have a healthy lifestyle by avoiding fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Have a low salt diet and monitor your blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week. Follow them once or twice a week. If the BP (blood pressure) is persistently more than 140/90 mmHg, then the medicines are needed to get hiked up. Do regular exercises like brisk walking, and jogging according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week.

Take lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fish once or twice a week, and avoid taking meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Repeat your lipid profile after eight weeks of a healthy lifestyle and see the response of the healthy lifestyle or else get yourself started with medicines like Rosuvastatin and Fenofibrate combination.

|