My father 70 years old, is just recovering from a septic shock and amputation. He has had is leg amputated below the knee. He had an infected wound on his foot and fell into a septic shock.
1. He has kidney failure and needs dialysis. His blood pressure dips too low during dialysis and it had to be aborted. Is there anything that can be done for him to keep his blood pressure up during dialysis?
2. His amputation wound is not healing. Can anything be done to promote wound healing? Could another amputation above the knee help the wound to heal?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
There are number of ways to try to avoid fall in blood pressure.
1. Do not take blood pressure medicines prior to dialysis.
2. Avoid eating during dialysis.
3. May be tell doctor to reduce his fluid removal on HD.
4. Reducing the dialysate temperature by 0.5 celcius.
5 . Or still issue persists can take tablet Gutron (Midodrine) 2.5 mg tablet prior to dialysis and dose can be increased to 7.5 mg. Regarding wound healing, elderly take some time for wound to heal, we can wait sometime and ensure adequate nutrition, normal Hb and still problem persist, can consult surgeon about further plan.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Co-morbid conditions such as diabetes mellitus accelerate the organ damage ... Read fullMy blood pressure is erratic. Please help.
.. rate is high. Please do a free T4, T3, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test. For your BP (blood pressure), you can take Met XL (Metoprolol) 50 one tablet, once daily at around 8 AM and tablet Stamlo (Amlodipine) 5 one tablet at around 5 P... Read fullHow much BP is good enough to start dialysis?
.. of 120/70 mmHg is good enough for dialysis to start. You can go with SLED (sustained low-efficiency dialysis) in which the chances of blood pressure dropping is very low. Premedications which would help to prevent will be inotropes. If y... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Nephrologist Now