Q. Can you help me interpret my preventive health screening reports?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I am a 32 year old male. I recently went for a preventive health screening. I need your valuable feedback regarding my reports.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The only discrepancy seen is that the platelet count is borderline, although not totally abnormal. Rest of your reports are normal including chloride which is given in bold letters.
  • Now, this borderline platelet count should be reconfirmed, as sometimes they may be spuriously abnormal due to multiple factors. So, you should repeat the manual platelet count. If it remains in the same range, it would be necessary to get some tests like ANA (antinuclear antibody) levels done, to rule out some diseases like ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) or autoimmune diseases.
  • I guess there is no history of a recent fever.

So overall, reports are fine, except for platelets, which is in the borderline. So, there is no need to worry. Hope this helps.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|