Q. Does a Gluco One glucometer show the correct blood sugar level?

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jul 21, 2022

I doubt that blood sugar levels range the same in all the glucometers, as I doubt the control solution ranges are all different. What is the accuracy of Glucoone? My fasting blood glucose was 350 a month ago, and an HbA1c of 12. After that, I started with a low-carb diet and regular exercise and did not take tablets. After a month, my fasting blood sugar was 100/110 mg/dL on GlucoOne. I am using Glucoone for the entire month, and test strips possess a range typical of 68 to 92 mg/dL. Does this mean I have to get my blood sugar down to 92 mg/dL?

#

Thanks for the query. Most of the standard company-produced glucometers are of good quality and are accurate in measuring the peripheral blood glucose level. I did not get the point of saying, "Test strips possess a typical range of 68 to 92 mg/dL glucose". If your readings are as good as mentioned in your information, then you have been able to control the glucose levels very well. Please check after food levels as well as Hba1c % (glycated hemoglobin), because that will give a better idea about overall control. Please maintain the same lifestyle.

Thanks.

|