Q. Does sugar level of kids differ from adults?

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2020

My son is 5 years 6 months old with 92, 87 and 90 as fasting blood sugar level in last two months. Is it a normal range? Does sugar level of kids differ from adults? Please explain.

#

• Your kid's sugar level is normal and is slightly on lower side.
  • Yes,¬†sugar level of kids differs slightly from adults.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

Kindly clarify that why do you think that my son's sugar level is low. What is the normal sugar level suggested by you for him?

#

• As per American Diabetes Association guidelines fasting blood sugar levels should be more than 100 to 180 for children less than 6 years age and bedtime values between 110 to 180 mg/dL.
  • Your son is fit, but give him more bedtime snacks and check his sugar levels again and let me know.
  • I am expecting him to be at a blood sugar level above 110. So, do not worry and let me know the values.

Revert back with the reports to a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|