Q. Please explain the reason behind the abnormal hematological parameters.

Recent health check (which I do it by myself routinely and I do not have any diabetes, BP or any other disorder), I found abnormal values of the following hematological parameters, Hb- just normal, RBC- low, MCHC- low, MCV- high (lab has marked all the last three items under bold). Liver , kidney and other blood parameters are normal. Cholesterol- normal, except TGL, which has slightly gone up. My age is 53, BMI- 23, active and fit. Kindly advice whether I need to worry. Even two years back also the parameters RBC/MCV/MCHC were marked as abnormal which now I have noticed.

#

I have checked your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your hemoglobin level is within normal range. So you may need not to worry about that. You need not worry regarding slight low red blood cell count. For slight high MCV, you can investigate further with serum B12 estimation. Your triglyceride level is slight high. For that you can continue with prescribed medication that is Atorvastatin. So finally you need not worry regarding your all attached reports as per my opinion.

My worry has another reason that is twingling and burning sensation on left side of the body (arms, lower limbs and thighs region) when exposed to air condition or if travel in the early morning. I can feel that my body has become sensitive (would say overly) to heat and cold. So, I was wondering whether there is any co-relation. I have also taken B12 ODT (Neurokind fast) film and Cynocobalmin (Complamina retard) for almost three months, which has not changed the situation.

#

I do not think your tingling and burning could have relation to heat and cold exposure. The B12 have not shown positive result in your tingling. So you can rule out any peripheral neuropathy problem, if present. For that your detailed neurological evaluation should be done.

If needed NCV like further work up can be done. You should consult nearby physician or neurologist for your physical examination. If all comes normal, then no need to worry about that.

|