Blunt Trauma

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns. The history you have provided suggestive that you are probably having a condition called hematoma. It is absolutely a harmless condition, and there is no need to worry regarding it. It is nothing but a...  Read Full »

Severe Pain In My Xiphoid Process

Query: Hi doctor,I think it is weird, but my xiphoid process has come out. It is paining a lot. I am 18 years old. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have xiphodynia, and it means pain and tenderness in the xiphoid process. Following are the common causes regarding pain in the xiphoid process. Trauma or injury to the xiphoid area. Bone disease.  Emphysema-like respiratory problem. Cardiac problems. Liver and gal...  Read Full »

What could this pea sized lump around my scrotum be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been kneed really hard in the groin 10 days ago while playing basketball. The pain is more of an ache that does not last long. There was immediate swelling in my scrotum around the veins and arteries above my left testicle and some minor discomfort but continued to play. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had a blunt trauma to your scrotum almost a week back and since then have had a decrease in the swelling and no urinary complaints which are good signs. Was there ever any blood in the urine immediately after the incident? From your description, it appears...  Read Full »

I hit my elbow and now have swelling and pain. How to make it better?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, female. I hit my elbow at work the night before last, and it hurts to straighten my arm. I can do it, but it is painful. And randomly, I suddenly have shooting pain in my arm. It is swollen, and there is a small lump where I hit it. I also fractured my elbow in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh C G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it looks like a blunt injury with a hematoma at the site of injury. I suggest getting an X-ray of the elbow to rule out a fresh fracture. If there is no fracture, then use an arm pouch and keep the elbow at 90 degrees flexion in the arm pouch for ...  Read Full »

I have something like a bruise. Can you tell me what it is?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue with my skin. It has changed color, maybe a bruise or something even though it is not itchy or painful.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it appears to be a bruise only (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Commonly this occurs due to trauma or injury noticed or unnoticed. So do you remember any history of injury while walking, playing, driving, etc.? Is there any possibility of injury...  Read Full »

What does it mean if the eye bleeds after a head injury?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter hit her head and her eyes bleed. I cannot have access to an eye specialist since it is a weekend in my country. I want to know how dangerous can this be. What caused the eye to bleed? What else can I do until Monday when I take her to an eye specialist?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly tell me is the blood coming out of her eye or is it collected in the white part of her eye known as a subconjunctival hemorrhage. A picture of her eye would have been very helpful. If blood is oozing out of her eye, which is very less likely, kindly immediate...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda remedy for blurred vision.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from blurred vision. I could not focus properly. Also, I have dizziness and stiffness in the neck, which sometimes continues for the whole day. An MRI brain was done and it was normal. The blood tests including thyroid profile, LFT, KFT, vitamin D a...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since, you have not mentioned your occupation or nature of work, diagnosis and drugs whichever you taken already, I am not able to get any clue about your condition. There are many possibilities for your conditions. Eyesight problem. It leads to eye pain, headach...  Read Full »

What are the chances of bleeding from a sudden blow if I am on blood thinners?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on warfarin for life. Yesterday, while I was working in my house, I knocked the upper back part of my head on the marble roof of the window pane. It was neither a hard blow nor a soft one. It was medium. I did not feel any pain. I did not have any blackout but was stunned for two...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know the indication for which you were prescribed Warfarin. Secondly, 3.73 is a higher INR (international normalized ratio) than normally desired which usually is between 2 to 2.5 or 2.5 to 3 according to indications, in most of the cases. Now,...  Read Full »

I have an eye pain after I got hit by a toy bullet. Do I need to visit a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions. You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to...  Read Full »

I fell down while holding my 13 months old daughter. What are the chances that she had a TBI?

Query: Hi doctor, The other night, my 13 months old daughter started screaming like crazy, I ran and picked her up and tried to walk around the room to soothe her, and I accidentally slipped while holding her and she fell on the floor. As I was slipping, I fell knee first, and at that point in that micros...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. There are two ways of judgement in our practice. Clinical judgement. Evidence-based judgement. The clinical one is based on the history, which you gave me. I appreciate the detailed description of the mode of injury and symptoms. Based on tha...  Read Full »