Blunt Trauma

What could this pea sized lump around my scrotum be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been kneed really hard in the groin 10 days ago while playing basketball. The pain is more of an ache that does not last long. There was immediate swelling in my scrotum around the veins and arteries above my left testicle and some minor discomfort but continued to play. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had a blunt trauma to your scrotum almost a week back and since then have had a decrease in the swelling and no urinary complaints which are good signs. Was there ever any blood in the urine immediately after the incident? From your description, it appears...  Read Full »

I have bruise on my tricep area and it is getting bigger. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I have a bruise on my tricep area with a hard bump in the middle. The bruise has gotten bigger and it has been there for three to four days. Please help. I am currently taking Adderall.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is wedge shape hyperpigmented bruise over dorsum of the forearm and its color changes with time probably you had subtle trauma over that part. Is it paining or itching? Any trivial ...  Read Full »

After getting hurt, I am not getting proper erection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, One night while sleeping I thought I hurt my penis while moving in sleep because I felt something that moment. But there was no pain nothing and I went back to sleep normally. From the next day onwards, I am not having an erection at all. I have no sensation on the penis. I tried mastur...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I know it can be confusing, clearly you must wait and not panic. It is possible that due to trauma one can loss the sensation and even it can affect erection for a few days. Stay hydrated, rest well, avoid any further trauma to the penis, avoid exercise for a few days...  Read Full »

What causes double vision after an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 16 years old. She met with an accident and got an injury on her face. It was operated by a maxillofacial surgeon. The upper portion of the right eye is red. She can open her eye, but she is having double vision. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Redness could be due to subconjunctival hemorrhage. It usually resolves without treatment. Diplopia could be due to nerve palsy. In this case we usually observe the patient for six months for spontaneous recovery. Another less common cause could be muscle entrapment in fr...  Read Full »

I have a hard bump on my eyebrow after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns. The history you have provided suggestive that you are probably having a condition called hematoma. It is absolutely a harmless condition, and there is no need to worry regarding it. It is nothing but a...  Read Full »

Severe Pain In My Xiphoid Process

Query: Hi doctor,I think it is weird, but my xiphoid process has come out. It is paining a lot. I am 18 years old. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have xiphodynia, and it means pain and tenderness in the xiphoid process. Following are the common causes regarding pain in the xiphoid process. Trauma or injury to the xiphoid area. Bone disease.  Emphysema-like respiratory problem. Cardiac problems. Liver and gal...  Read Full »

I hit my elbow and now have swelling and pain. How to make it better?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, female. I hit my elbow at work the night before last, and it hurts to straighten my arm. I can do it, but it is painful. And randomly, I suddenly have shooting pain in my arm. It is swollen, and there is a small lump where I hit it. I also fractured my elbow in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh C G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it looks like a blunt injury with a hematoma at the site of injury. I suggest getting an X-ray of the elbow to rule out a fresh fracture. If there is no fracture, then use an arm pouch and keep the elbow at 90 degrees flexion in the arm pouch for ...  Read Full »

I have something like a bruise. Can you tell me what it is?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue with my skin. It has changed color, maybe a bruise or something even though it is not itchy or painful.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it appears to be a bruise only (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Commonly this occurs due to trauma or injury noticed or unnoticed. So do you remember any history of injury while walking, playing, driving, etc.? Is there any possibility of injury...  Read Full »

What does it mean if the eye bleeds after a head injury?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter hit her head and her eyes bleed. I cannot have access to an eye specialist since it is a weekend in my country. I want to know how dangerous can this be. What caused the eye to bleed? What else can I do until Monday when I take her to an eye specialist?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly tell me is the blood coming out of her eye or is it collected in the white part of her eye known as a subconjunctival hemorrhage. A picture of her eye would have been very helpful. If blood is oozing out of her eye, which is very less likely, kindly immediate...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda remedy for blurred vision.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from blurred vision. I could not focus properly. Also, I have dizziness and stiffness in the neck, which sometimes continues for the whole day. An MRI brain was done and it was normal. The blood tests including thyroid profile, LFT, KFT, vitamin D a...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since, you have not mentioned your occupation or nature of work, diagnosis and drugs whichever you taken already, I am not able to get any clue about your condition. There are many possibilities for your conditions. Eyesight problem. It leads to eye pain, headach...  Read Full »