Q. Following a fall, I have a lump on my eyebrow. Please help.

Dr. Shinas Hussain. A. P
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

I had a fall before four days and hit my eye. I have a lump on my eyebrow, and that is not going down or getting better. It is hard and painful.

#

I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.

• The history you have provided suggestive that you are probably having a condition called hematoma. It is absolutely a harmless condition, and there is no need to worry regarding it.
  • It is nothing but a collection of blood or fluid in the deeper tissues that develop at the site of a bruise following blunt trauma. A hematoma will resolve on its own in a couple of weeks.

As of now, you can do the following things:

• If you have pain take simple analgesics like Diclofenac or Ibuprofen. Drugs like Serratiopeptidase help to reduce and fasten the recovery. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • You can apply ice packs over the affected area. It would provide symptomatic relief, and it also contributes to reducing the size of the lump.
  • If the swelling persists for long or is there any increase in size, then please consult a general practitioner and get evaluated.

Blunt trauma.

Hematoma following a blunt injury.

Conservative.

Revert after two weeks to a general practitioner online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 
1 out of 1 likes